The front porch makeover is finished! There are a few little projects left, but it’s finished enough to show you pictures. This time I'll start with the “After.”
Here’s the listing photo from when we purchased the house:
It was slightly different than this when we actually purchased it. The big Maple in the front was cut down (and a lovely stump left a foot above the ground) and the Spruce that was overtaking the front porch was gone too.
We tossed the storm door. We wanted so badly to keep the gorgeous original front door, but it was warped beyond repair. For the first 6 months or so, we couldn’t just close the door, we had to slam it. Hard. Then lock it to get it to stay shut. The neighbors probably thought we were just angry people.
After giving the siding a good cleaning, here’s what we did:
- Added house numbers to the front door
- Painted the bistro set green
- Made a rug out of a drop cloth and painted it
- In the flower bed, we put down weed barrier, mulch and potted plants and flowers
- Added topiaries on either side of the front door and more potted plants in various places
- Lined the flower bed with stones from the rocky back yard
- Added inexpensive solar path lights and string lights
And here’s the transformation:
It was a lot of work, but we had fun, but we are sooo glad it’s done. This week, we’re moving on to my office and our electrical dilemmas.
What did you work on this weekend?