As soon as I finish my office, we will be starting the powder room remodel. We weren’t planning on remodeling our powder room until everything else was finished, since it was perfectly functional and kind of necessary. But we discovered a couple rotting floor joists sometime last year, so we took out the new toilet we had just put in and put the ucky little cabinet and sink on the curb and intended to fix it and put it all back together. But we never had time. Since then, it has been a 3’ x 6’ closet that almost avalanches every time you open the door.
Next week, we will get the work started, with this overall goal and mood board in mind:
Here’s what it looked like when we bought the house:
And you don’t get to see what the powder room looks like right now. 🙂
Here’s the plan:
- Order and install the new marble tile floor (easy to afford since the room is literally 3 feet wide and 6 feet long).
- Put the new toilet back in place.
- Build the new super-slim, rustic Parsons console-style table to put the vessel sink on.
- Paint the walls. I’m thinking a grayed white with a pattern painted over top in the same color, but a gloss finish, like this, but I can’t decide which pattern yet. There is already so much geometric in there, maybe something floral? It’s easier to do something bold since it will be white-on-white. Any suggestions?
- Make and install the new vessel sink and faucet.
- Oh, and refinish and hang the light fixture at some point.
Sounds pretty easy. But we know how our old house loves to surprise us with extra challenges. We’ll keep you updated along the way.
Mood board details: the tile is from Home Depot, the sink is Crate and Barrel, the Faucet is IKEA, the table is Restoration Hardware, and the light is my find from ReStore.
As we wait for our tile order to come in and shop for the supplies to build the table, I will be working on a before and after post for the office (finally, yay!)
Talk to you soon!
PS: Please excuse my absence all week, we’ve been having technical difficulties.