Our living room makeover is finally complete. (Mostly, anyway.)
So far, we have:
- Pulled up the carpet and painted the floor
- Added recessed lighting
- Installed crown moulding
- Painted ceiling (Martha Stewart’s “Pebble”)
- Painted the windows
- Painted the front door to match the walls
- Removed the cheap trim from around the front door and replaced it with trim original to the house
- Re-built the stair landing
- Added texture to the walls and painted (Martha Stewart’s “Tailors Chalk”)
I will be doing a whole post on the walls in the future with how we did it and more pictures of them.
The walls, ceiling, lights and crown moulding were all done by/with Dad when they came to visit last month. It was a lot of work, but he did an awesome job and he did it really fast. Thanks again, Dad, we love you!
And now that I’m looking at the photos myself, I think I’ve gone a little too vintage-y with the decor. Maybe it’s time to replace the tables with some simple, straight lines?
There are more projects and details that went into it that I’ll share with you eventually. I was going to share a list of the things we still want to do in the room, but I’d rather not think about that right now.
It just feels good to be done!
Here, again is what it looked like when we purchased it: