We really needed a spot for our bills, but I couldn’t bring myself to spend $12 on a simple mail holder. So I made one out of a cereal box and left over wrapping paper.
Here’s how it works:
- Unfold the top and bottom of the cereal box and lay it flat.
- Cut the box from top to bottom, at about the middle point. (Make sure to cut through the front and the back at the same time.) Have I confused you yet? Why is it that the simpler the project is to do, the harder it is to write instructions for? Anyway…
- Unfold your half cereal box. Cut a piece of wrapping paper a few inches wider and twice as long as your unfolded box.
- Glue the box to the paper as shown. Then trim the corners and cut slits where the folds of the box were.
- Fold the excess paper over the inside of the box and glue down.
- Fold the box back, up as it was originally and tape or glue in place (last picture). The top and bottom of the cereal box will now be the sides and because you laid it out flat to cut it, the back will be a couple inches taller than the front.
The perfect size for envelopes!