Meet our Victorian. It’s little…only 2 bedrooms. And one of those bedrooms is only 8 feet wide.
We purchased it in 2010. After 3 offers on complete fixer-uppers, we finally got this house, which we didn’t think needed remodeling at all, just some minor changes. Ha. Every room is completely different now. As of July, 2015, we are currently working on the dining room, master bedroom, and kitchen. All at once. After that, it’ll be finishing the attic, and then the garage, and then, we’re done.
As usual, the photos need to be updated. Badly. I’m working on it.
(To see more of each room or it’s plans and projects, click the each header.)
- Pull up carpet, paint floor white
- Install new, functioning front door
- Remove cheap molding around door and put original back up
- Install crown molding
- Paint ceiling and walls
- Paint window sashes
- Install recessed lighting and a center pendant
- Rebuild stair landing into hidden storage
- Finish decorating (new tables, etc)
- Replace teeny-tiny chandelier
- Build built-in storage?
- Add molding to walls
- Replace tiny crown molding with big stuff
Paint walls and ceiling
- Remove awkward pass-through, half wall?
Pull up laminate and refinish original hardwood (hopefully!)
Replace cheap, broken cabinets
- Open ceiling? (Can’t!)
Replace ceiling fan Window coverings
- Add corner shelves
- Replace appliances
- New breakfast table
Pull up laminate
- Paint over stars stenciled on floor
- Finish attic above bedroom, turn it into a loft above the bed for reading
Build a closet wall Repaintand decorate
- Pull up carpet
- Paint walls (light gray) and ceiling (light blue)
- Buy sofa/guest bed
- Build work area for me
- Install over-head lighting