We have some big plans for the bedroom, but we weren’t planning on tackling that for a while. Turns out, we’re tackling it now. You know why?
Because the tops of our dressers were messy.
“Clean off the dressers” was on my to-do list. Naturally, I said “The easiest way to clean them off and keep them clean is to get rid of them.” So I removed my dresser (it’s been empty for 9 months anyway). Then, of course, since there was a large section of green wall exposed, it was the perfect time to pick new paint colors and begin painting. Naturally.
Right now, there is still just a swatch on the wall of our color. There is still a whole lot of prep work to be done, including finally mudding a wall we built 2+ years ago.
I haven’t written much about the bedroom because most of our work was done pre-blog. So before I show you where we are now, here is where we started:
See the spots on the floor? The wood floor was painted black (which is fine with me), but then there were little sun shapes stenciled all over it. Here’s a close-up of that fun:
As you can see, my paint was ready to go. We slept in the living room when we first moved in so we could repaint the floor and walls before setting up our bedroom. I painted the walls green (a pretty green, but not us–I didn’t realize that at the time), and the floor a black-brown.
As you can see, there was no closet, and we had no storage furniture. So we purchased this set of wardrobes and dressers from IKEA:
The look was okay to me, I liked them, but I was never crazy about them. I picked them out because the dimensions were exactly what we needed. Because we lost our night stands, we added a shelf to the back of our headboard.
Then we decided to turn the attic space above into a loft. That was a big project that we never did the finishing touches of. And that’s basically where the bedroom was for the last 2 years. Here is a sneak peak of the bedroom as of this morning:
(And in case you’re wondering about the bathroom, no, it’s not finished yet.)