Work on the bedroom has continued, but it’s not pretty work (caulking, caulking, caulking, mudding, caulking). In the mean time, we actually had a full day to work on a project, and the Hubs chose a surprise one.
Since selling practically 1/3 of our furniture, the dining room was left like this:
The project the Hubs chose? Exposing the original hardwood in the dining room. I was giddy. On top of the amazing 130-year-old floors (the same we unearthed in the living room, office, hallway and bedroom), were 3 layers of plywood and one layer of vinyl wood-look planks. Unfortunately, we only got through two layers before our bodies just quit. It was exhausting and I haven’t been this sore–from neck to ankles–in years.
As usual, the previous remodeler used about 20 nails per square foot to fasten things things down. We got about 3/4s of them up, so the next 2 layers should be easy-peasy. As long as he also didn’t use Liquid Nails to glue the plywood onto the original hardwood–which he was prone to do.
We shall see as soon as we recover and have the strength to pull up the next 2 layers.
Join the Conversation